Project Engineer for land development and infrastructure improvement projects. This position will give a motivated and talented candidate the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of multi-disciplined engineering projects.
- Aid in the preparation and drafting of grading, street improvements and underground infrastructure plans while adhering to design standards, agency processing requirements, and client expectations.
- Candidate will be responsible for supervising, coordinating, and performing professional land survey work and engineering survey/mapping work within the office.
- Will be responsible for leading and supervising the work effort, budget, and schedule of office survey/mapping staff performing a wide variety of surveying and mapping functions.
- Assigns work and trains subordinate professional, technical, and managerial staff in the field and with preparing technical data and calculations to be used in the office or field by engineers.
- Assists Project Manager in conducting a variety of mapping and land survey projects.
- Assists in establishing procedures, techniques and selects instrumentation for determinations involving location of points, control lines, boundary lines and areas.
- Prepares and/or reviews calculations, field notes, maps, title reports, easement documents consisting of engineering, construction, design, and topographic surveys.
- Prepares and/or reviews parcel and subdivision maps, records of surveys, photogrammetric surveys, plats and legal descriptions.
- Reviews and checks surveyors' and engineers' work and reports involving survey-related matters.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering and Professional Registration as a Civil Engineer in the state of California is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with skills to manage multi-disciplined engineering projects.
- Experienced in preparing infrastructure improvement plans for public agencies.
- Successful candidates will have well-developed problem solving, decision-making, communication and team building skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, CivilDesign, H2OMap Sewer and Water is highly desired.